Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Chapter 1. A Good Girl

I am a good girl. I was raised that way to respect other people and be polite. But sometimes a certain line is crossed and a good girl can turn into a naughty girl. And in my case into a mean girl.

The line was crossed couple months ago when my little sister, who is like other half of me, got betrayed. I was still in Perhentian Island in Malaysia, because I was working there as scuba instructor so I couldn't prevent it. My mother sent my emails telling how my sister wasn't herself or how she didn't eat anymore. Knowing that my sister needed me now more than ever, I packed my bags, well my huge backpack, and left my paradise home 4 months earlier than I had planned.

Coming home was a shock. My sister used to be a bubbly and outgoing person. Now she was only a shadow of her former self. And when I tried to ask what had happened, she didn't want to talk about it. Well I knew it was about that man she had dated. He was the love of her life as she had written me in one of her emails, when all was good. He was everything she ever wanted.

I was sure he had cheated on her. That's what professional athletes do. They think they can do anything because of the money and fame. There would always be a line of women wanting to jump into their bed, so what does it matter if they brake up with their girlfriends.

Every time I saw his face on ESPN, I felt how my blood started to boil. How could he do this to my baby sister. She was the most amazing girl in the world. She was sweet, beautiful and smart. He was a jerk.

1 comment: